One of the main themes of this blog is B2B marketing and lead generation (as you may have noticed.) I know that many readers have already spent a lot of time developing their brand online and have become the masters of multichannel marketing. I know that other readers are still working on carving out their digital niche. And I know that some readers are hesitant about dipping their toes into the digital pool.
If your brand has spent a lot of time and money building up its traditional marketing strategy, it can be daunting to set that aside and try something new, especially something like digital marketing which can seem complicated in a lot of ways. I get it. But the truth is that the way in which we do business has changed dramatically, and modern customers expect more from brands. Digital marketing has become essential for many companies to stay afloat, and now is the time to take that leap. If you are looking for a good reason for your brand to make the switch to digital marketing, I can give you 8, courtesy of this infographic from CJG Digital Marketing. Let’s check it out and see if they can change your mind.
- Online marketing will save you money. Traditional marketing requires paying for high-volume (and high-quality) printing, and you know how quickly those costs can add up, especially for items like catalogs or full-color brochures. Traditional marketing also requires paying to ship those materials and taking time for in-person appearances and phone calls. Digital marketing, on the other hand, uses online channels to deliver your messaging without having to pay for printing, storage, shipping, and manpower – and gives you access to a potentially much larger audience.
- Digital marketing renders predictable results. It’s possible (and recommended) to use data and analytics to measure the reach and effectiveness of your marketing efforts, which can help you tweak your campaign or better plan for future campaigns based on the results.
- Digital is pervasive. 40% of the world’s population are active internet users and 29% are active on social media. The digital revolution has drastically changed the way that we live. It’s not uncommon to order food, cars, clothing, or services online. Chances are, your competition is already connecting with your potential customers online.
- Marketing digitally drives better sales and revenue. Having an effective digital marketing campaign can boost your revenue growth expectancy threefold and help you to expand your business.
- A full-scale campaign taps into the mobile market. Mobile is king these days, with many users using their phones to access their social media, do their shopping, and conduct research for future purchases. There are over 3.5 billion mobile users worldwide, and that number is expected to grow. A mobile-friendly digital campaign will help you to reach this vast market.
- Digital marketing delivers in-store sales. If you see customers in your shop checking their mobile phones, don’t assume that they are texting or playing PokemonGo – Deloitte has reported that 1 in 3 customers use their phone to research or compare products while in stores. Your digital campaign isn’t just a way to drive traffic to your location but can actually work to help sales once customers arrive.
- Digital marketing shapes how a brand is perceived by customers. Today’s customers are more savvy, self-sufficient, and likely to conduct extensive online research before making a purchase. A brand’s online reputation can play a big role in whether or not they make the buy. Your goal should be to get positive reviews, work on your SEO, and practice good customer service and damage control.
- Internet marketing creates meaningful customer engagement. Customers today expect brands to be where they are. Many people turn to Facebook or Twitter to interact with brands, whether they are asking questions, looking for product support, registering a complaint, or just reaching out to say hello. Digital leaders are 74% more likely to grab competitive advantage when it comes to customer engagement.
Hopefully, these reasons have made you consider a leap to digital marketing. If you’re new to it, every week I post new tips and tricks to help you optimize and accelerate your B2b lead generation. If you’re already a digital marketing master, can you think of a compelling reason to make the switch that wasn’t included on the list? Let us know in the comments!