How would you describe the role of a marketing executive?
As a B2B leader, you are aware that marketing execs have broad, diverse roles that require both “people” and practical skills. When you have a suitable marketing exec, this individual can help you build successful, profitable marketing campaigns.
This week’s infographic is by Pepperdine University’s Online MBA Program and I believe it is a useful resource for understanding the skills and experiences a marketing exec should have.
Consider the following, which is highlighted in the Content Strategist’s infographic “The Anatomy of a Marketing Executive”:
Profile of a Top-Performing Marketing Exec
- Creative, an outgoing leader, open to listening to feedback.
- Should understand mobile apps and online marketing protocol.
- Depending on the industry, this individual should be skilled in another language.
- College degree
- Master’s in Business Administration
- Internship placements during schooling
- Courses completed in: economics, history, finance, sociology, psychology, advertising, marketing
Note: Marketing execs should have an understanding of budgets, media costs, potential market and marketing history.
Marketing Execs Are Responsible For…
- Detailing marketing strategies
- Working alongside leaders and staff members regarding contracts, promotions, etc.
- Overseeing layout designs
- Providing marketing advice to clients
- Hiring marketing team
- Negotiating contracts/rates
Click on the following image to view the full infographic. Do you think this infographic is missing any skills or experiences? Please submit your comments below.